Sandgate State School recognises that schools are now educating a generation of students who are growing up in a digital world. As the use of ICT continues to grow globally, students will increasingly demand an education that embraces ICT. At Sandgate State School all children from prep to year 6 will use electronic devices for tasks ranging from online learning programs and communication tools to skill development through to creation software. We aim to make pupils aware of the value of electronic devices and to feel confident in using them and to further develop our teachers' digital pedagogy. We aim to make the use of ICT integral to learning at Sandgate State School.
All classes from prep to year 6 are fitted with:
- Smartboard interactive whiteboards
- Wireless internet connections
- A hub of desktop computers in our Computer Lab
- Teacher iPads
- Banks of student iPads in classrooms
- Banks of laptops in year 3-6 classrooms
All classes have regular access to:
- A resource centre with a Smartboard and interactive TV, Wii and STEAM room with green screens as well as a range of digital devices such as cameras, beebots, smart response systems, microphones, nxt robotics etc.